Sunday, April 24, 2011

Books


A Child Called It- I read the book, “A Child called It” while I was a freshmen in high school. I did not have to read the book for school so I read it during my free time because my aunt would tell me it is a really good and to read it. I was curious and decided to purchase the book and read it. I really enjoyed reading the book because it made me emotional and made me analyze my life. I came to find out that I should really appreciate my family and how they treat me. I would put myself in his shoes and wouldn’t be able to imagine how horrific it would be to be mistreated so severely how especially your own mother was treating him. After reading that book, I look at my mom and appreciate everything she does for me and my love for her grows everyday because I know, after reading the book, many kids out there are not fortunate enough to be raised by amazing parents. It influenced me more because I knew the book was based on a true story, so I knew the story was real and there are mothers who abuse their kids. A Child called It

Fahrenheit 451-I read the book, “Fahrenheit 451” as a sophomore in high school. It was mandatory for me to read the book for my English class, however I came to really enjoy reading the book and always read ahead of the required reading every night. The book influenced me because it taught me that if you are unhappy in life, you have the power to change that. No one deserves to live unhappy; if you are unhappy one must find a happy to change that to be happy. I learned that life is too short to be wasting it unhappy, life is short so always try to make adjustments to be living the happiest you can. Fahrenheit 451

The Bible-Ever since I was born, The Bible not only influenced my family but me as well. Growing up my mother always referred back to what The Bible says and keeps reminding me I shouldn’t be doing certain things because it is or is not in The Bible. I actually had to read The Bible when I was doing my “First Communion”, I had to read several parts in The Bible and it was influential because part of the Catholic religion is I must follow what it says through-out my whole life. The main point of The Bible is to live as a man with no sin, living in no sin means you are avoiding danger and evil so that is what I live for, to be a man with no sin. The Bible

1 comment: